Staking rewards are offered to the SMARTCREDIT holders. They are lending SMARTCREDIT via the staking FIF's, and they earn the rewards for this.
SmartCredit.io allocates weekly 2,415 SMARTCREDIT tokens to stakers via app.smartcredit.io. See the short video "How to earn with staking?" for the introduction.
How to earn with staking?
The rules for staking are:
- Staking is implemented via the SmartCredit.io fixed-income funds—every staker must create a special staking FIF.
- The staker must deposit for at least 90 days to receive the rewards. The staker can increase his staking position at any time by depositing more SMARTCREDIT.
- If the user stakes for less than 90 days, he will lose his staking rewards.
- The staker can cancel staking at any time with the "Request Withdraw" transaction. This will start the "cool down, which takes five days. The user can withdraw any amount within five days after the cool-down start. The remaining tokens are still entitled to the staking rewards if deposited for at least 90 days.
- Users can either claim rewards or use gasless re-staking to re-stake their staking rewards.
- Gasless re-staking allows to re-stake the staking rewards with 0 gas costs. Staking rewards are assigned every Sunday 12:00 UTC. Stakers could re-stake their rewards every week after that.
- Gasless re-staking is a unique feature. The alternative is to claim the rewards (requires gas) and deposit the rewards (requires gas). Gasless re-staking allows the same, but without paying for gas!
The rewards in the “My Rewards” section will be updated every Sunday 12:00 UTC. "My Rewards" shows rewards only for the staking position, which is at least seven days old.
The weekly staking rewards for the user can be different week by week—it depends on how many others are staking their tokens. The staking rewards will be shared pro week, pro rata, and pro volume between all stakers:
- If 50% of the holders will stake, then we calculate with the 20% staking APY
- If 25% of the holders will stake, then we calculate with the 40% staking APY
Staking is implemented via the FIFs. While the regular FIFs have four buckets (0-10 days, 11-30 days, 31-90 days, 91-180 days), staking FIFs have only one bucket (91-180 days). The staking FIF buckets are not shown on the screen - only one bucket.
Borrowers could borrow from the staking FIFs, and the stakers would earn an extra yield on their staking FIF.
- The medium article “How to earn with SmartCredit.io?” details many attractive strategies for earning with SmartCredit.io.
- Details of the token model and rewards are available in the medium article “Updated token utility from the Release 1.2”
- A high-level summary of rewards and staking is available in: "SmartCredit.io launches Credit Lines, Staking and Bonus rewards"